Tēnā koutou ngā tama tawhito o Hato Pāora,
In the past decade, there have been many requests from old boys wanting to attend Reunions back at the Kura. According to research about Boarding School Reunion Events, they are far more attractive to Alumni if reunions are well organised and celebrated among their associates (year groups).
Please Note: School Gala Day is Old Boys Day also. We encourage all old boys young and old to attend. However, registration this round is only for Classes of ’49 ’59 ’69 ’79 ’89 ’99 and ’09 because 2019 next year, will be their Anniversary year. Then the following year 2020, it will be the same, anniversaries for Classes of ’1950 up-to ’2010 and so forth.
A standard reunion registration including programme and cost has already been developed to help the HPC-OBA manage this process effectively. For this kaupapa to be successful, we need old boys who are from Classes of ’49 up-to ‘09 to now register. The year group you are to register with, is your 3rd form year group you were enrolled with when you first attended the College. For example, I started my 3rd form at the Kura back in 1982, so that makes me Class of ’82. Brothers who had joined our particular year group the follow year or years after, are encouraged to register with our same year group (Class of ’82).
If you are still needing further clarification about this, please call me 027-2433561.
All Reunion events below have been scheduled annually to be held every School Gala Day. Registration also includes former School/Hostel Staff and Trust Board/BOT Members if they wish to participate, see further details below how to register.
HATO PAORA COLLEGE OLD BOY’S ASSOCIATION.
Reconnecting Old Boys back with their Kura and each Other!
YEAR OF REUNION
SCHOOL GALA DAY
School Gala Day
Saturday 23 March 2019
School Gala Day 2020
(To Be Confirmed)
School Gala Day 2021
(To Be Confirmed)
PLEASE NOTE: – Scheduled Timeframes for Registrations is as follow;
- 2019 Reunion Registrations for (Class of ‘49 – ‘59 – ‘69 – ‘79 – ‘89 – ‘99 – ’09) Now Open 1st May 2018 – click here
- 2020 Reunion Registrations for (Class of ‘50 – ‘60 – ‘70 – ‘80 – ‘90 – ‘00 – ’10) will be open online 1st May 2019
- 2021 Reunion Registrations for (Class of ‘51 – ‘61 – ‘71 – ‘81 – ‘91 – ‘01 – ’11) will be open online 1st May 2020
3 WAYS YOU CAN REGISTER:
- You can register here online, its quick, simple and easy. Also you can print off hardcopies here and send them on to old boys who do not have access to computers.
- Pick up Registration Form from the College Main Office
- Call/Text 027-2433561 Mahanga Williams (HPC-OBA President) to receive Registration Form via post.
Please inform as many old boys including former School/Hostel staff and Trust Board/BOT members, so they are prepared for when their year group celebrates their decade anniversaries together.
Hato Pāora College Gala Day
Saturday 23rd March 2019
09.00am Old Boys Touch Comp (kick off)
11.00am Registration Office will be set up in the Hall (Wharenui) for registered old boys (Class of ’49 ’59 ’69 ’79 ’89 ’99 ’09) to sign in and pick up dress shirts.
11.30am Photo Session for Classes of ’49 ’59 ’69 ’79 ’89 ’99 ’09 in their year groups.
12.00pm School Gala begins
3.00pm Mihi Whakatau in School Gym followed by
3.15pm House Comps – Kapa Haka
7.00pm “PĀORA ROCKS” evening gala fundraiser (social drinks & Hot Finger Food) at the Willow Park Tavern, Palmerston North.
9.00pm Old Boys Karaoke House Comp begins, followed by Night Club Sounz till late
COSTS FOR 2019 REGISTRATION:
OPTION 1: – Single Registration Ticket: $80 – this includes the following
- Reunion Memorabilia Dress Shirt x1 $ 50.00
- Professional Group Photo $ 10.00
- PĀORA ROCK’S Ticket & Hot Finger Food $ 20.00
Total: $ 80.00
OPTION 2: – Double Registration Ticket: $100 – this includes all the above plus extra
- PĀORA ROCK’S Ticket to include your partner. ………………………….. $ 20.00
- Registration is now open for Classes of (’49 ’59 ’69 ’79 ’89 ’99 and ’09).
- All Reunion Registration Fees are to be paid before the end of February 2019
- Registrations paid after February will not include extra cost for Memorabilia Dress Shirt.
- We encourage old boys who are celebrating their Anniversary’s to wear their Memorabilia dress shirts thru out the Gala, so it sets the scene and example for the following Anniversary Year Groups to do the same.
- Any remaining Pāora Rock’s Tickets outside registered members will be up for sale from 1stMarch 2019.
- Accommodation? You will need to sort this out yourself. There are plenty Motels/Hotels for you to check out in Feilding and Palmerston North. Brothers, we advise you to sort this out now ASAP.
2 OPTIONS HOW YOU CAN PAY YOUR REGISTRATION FEE:
- Online banking is easy you can set it up yourself (see account details below) or;
- You can visit your bank, hand them copy of account details below and arrange payment.
Account Name: Hato Pāora College Old Boys Association
Account Number: ANZ – 01-0666-0118064-00
You must reference your Name as one word for our records e.g. MahangaWilliams – Simple Aye!
However, if you are living overseas you will need to give them this swift code number ANZBNZ22 then account name and number as above and if required, you may need to give them our Branch address which is ANZ Otaki, 21 Main St, Otaki 5512.
TO Print! CLICK HERE FOR pdf TO PRINT
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact me.
Whaia Te Tika,
Mahanga Williams (HPC-OBA Co-President).