Website is currently Being Updated
REGISTRATION FORM FOR 2014
REUNION GROUP (1947 – 1964)
LABOUR WEEKEND 2014
Saturday 25th Oct – Sunday 26th Oct
“Reconnecting Old Boys Back With Their Kura and Each Other”
Tēnā koutou ngā tama tawhito o te Kura o Hato Paora,
In the past decade, there have been a number of requests from old boys wanting to attend Reunions back at the College.
12.00pm Arrive at the Kura for check in and collect memorabilia dress shirt before Reunion begins
1.00 POWHIRI begins in WHARENUI – followed by Year Group Photo Session
2.30 Afternoon Tea in Dining Room
3.00 Power Point Presentation “HPC 65 Years on” followed by Senior A’s performance
4.30 Guided Tour of the School
5.00 Accommodation sorted and time to freshen up for Dinner & Social-drinks
6.00 Bus departs HPC to Fielding Rangitikei Lions Club
6.30 Arrive at Fielding Lions Club for Social Drinks
7.00 Dinner – followed by guest speakers ?
8.00 Cutting of 67th School Reunion Cake – followed by HPC Old Boys Presentation
8.30am Breakfast in the Dining Room
10.00 Sunday Mass
11.00 Poroporoaki in Wharenu
• Accommodation including Cooked Breakfast on Sunday $30 • Bus & Van transportation to Feilding and return to school $10 • Memorabilia dress Shirt $35 • Dinner – 3 course roast meal including Pudding, Tea & Coffee $35 • Professional recording of the weekend + receive x1 DVD & 1 CD of Photos $20 • Entertainment for Saturday evening $5 • Saturday afternoon Tea $10 • Administration $5 Total Cost for x1 (Old Boy or former Staff, Trust Board, or BOT) $150
Please note that the Double Tickets excludes the following for your Partner.
• Professional recording of the weekend + receive x1 DVD & 1 CD of Photos
• All Annual Reunions are scheduled for “Labour Weekend” in the month of October.
• All Reunion Registration Fees are to be paid before the end of September in the year your reunion is scheduled. This is to assist with having your Memorabilia Dress Shirt available for your Reunion.
• Registration fees paid after September will not include the cost of your Dress Shirt. We do not want to disappoint anyone, so please have your registration paid before the end of September.
• All Reunion Registration Fees include Saturday night accommodation and Sunday breakfast regardless if you chose to stay at the Kura or not. Wherever you choose to stay breakfast is available at the Kura Sunday morning starting 8.30am.
• Accommodation at the Kura includes linen; you only need to bring warm sleeping bag or blanket.
• To help keep the Annual Reunions on track and manageable for both the College & HPC-OBA, there are only two options to purchase a Reunion ticket ie (Single or a Double Ticket to include partner).
• The Reunion will be captured professionally on camera and video. You will receive x1 CD of Photos and x1 DVD. This cost has been included in your Reunion Registration fee.
2 EASY PAYMENT OPTIONS: (SINGLE TICKET: $150 or DOUBLE TICKET: $230)
PAY BY CHEQUE TO: HPC-OBA Reunion 2014
Please return this Registration Form including your cheque to:
Te Putahi a Toi
Palmerston North 4442
OLD BOYS DAY 2013
19th Feb 2013
OLD BOYS DAY: (reconnecting Old Boys back with their Kura and each other)
We will kick start the Old Boys Day with a mini Touch Rugby Tournament Theme in conjunction with the School Gala Day starting next month Saturday 9th March 2013.
Lee Grace (Old Boy) is in charge of organising the old boys Touch Teams, you can contact him on 027-4426112
To date he has confirmed we have 5 touch teams ready to go. They are as follows:
1x HAWKES BAY
The Old Boys Mini Touch Tournament will start at 9.30am and the School Gala will follow starting 11am.
Brothers on behalf of the Old Boys Association, we encourage you to take up this opportunity and join us back at the Kura whether it be on the Touch field or a spectator from the sideline supporting the Kura Gala.
There will be lots of Food Stores to purchase Kai from and activities for the kids and whānau to make sure there is something for everyone.
Brothers please bring your whanau and lots of $$$ cash to support our Kura because this is the major fundraising event for the Kura.
Please send this PANUI on to as many old boys and we look forward to seeing you all with your families back at the Kura.Stay tune for more communications…
WHAIA TE TIKA,Mahanga Williams
1st May 2012Tena koutou nga tama tawhito o Hato Paora.Please read email below sent to me from Old Boy Nick Te Tana in Brisbane.Kia ora Mahanga,The Reunion pics the boys have put up on Facebook have really generated a lot of interest from Old Boys over here in Brisbane/Gold Coast. We had our inaugural QLD HPC Old Boys Social Club get together at the Pine Rivers Golf Club on Sunday just gone and all the Old Boys that turned up were buzzing about what the 82 Stinka’s Reunion Committee had put together. There were a lot of questions about what we did, the program, how much it cost, did Wives and Partners come, did the nick names come out etc etc. There was a lot of talk about them linking with Old Boys from their respective years to try and emulate what we did, so bro it seems the standard has been set and hopefully all the hard work you and the other committee members put in will be a motivating force for other OB year groups to refresh their links with the Kura and their brothers. We had approx 15 OBs show up for the Golf Day and unfortunately I felt I let the 82 Stinkas down with my personal performance.Our Golf days are going to happen regularly the last Sunday of every month so any brothers who find themselves in Brisbane around that time are welcome to rock up and participate. Just contact me for the details, the next game is on 29/4/12 at the Logan City Golf Club 10.00am Tee Off. We’ve even had some talk from Old Boys in NSW about a possible State Vs State game that we would alternate each year between Brisbane and Sydney (probably organise for a weekend when there is an All Black test or Warriors Game in Town). Once we flesh out the details bro I’ll try to keep you informed so you can update bros via website or the new FB page.Whaia te TikaNick Te Tana (1982-86).
22nd March 2012PANUI FROM THE TUMUAKIMōrena tātou, e te whānau o Hato Pāora,
Nei ra te mihi o te wā ki a koutou katoa.Last night we received word that the results of a seismic assessment on our school buildings identified three buildings of concern:
• the two upstairs classrooms and
• the ChapelWe received a directive to vacate those spaces immediately.
We have made some temporary arrangements and sought advice from the Diocese. We are awaiting further information about the situation.As you know, our College Chapel is very dear and special to our community, it is central to our daily life activity and has witnessed many happenings over the years.
This communication serves to advise you of this news and to assure you that, although disappointed, the students and staff remain positive, resilient and faithful to God.Kāti ake ra i kōnei, noho pai mai i roto i ngā manaakitanga katoa o Hehu Karaiti.Nāku noa,
nā Debi Marshall-Lobb“More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”
― Saint Paul
1st March 2012KURA GALA
10am Sat 1st March 2012
Words out now brothers… HPC CLASS OF ’82 old boys is having a reunion during this weekend and will be attending the College Gala. They would like to encourage old boys to join them at the Kura Gala. It will be an awesome day catching up with everyone as well as supporting the Kura. See below Gala programme.Time Event
10am Gala opens with karakia
10.30am Senior A Kapa Haka
1st performance – gold coin entry
12.00 – 1pm Hato Paora” X Factor “- House Challenge
Hangi ArrivesOld boys vs Current Boys Challenge ??
2pm Year 9 Performance
2.30pm Senior A Kapa Haka
2nd performance – gold coin entry
3.00pm Gala closes and clean up.