Hato Paora College
Old Boys Association
This presentation has been developed to give you a brief outline of what the HPC-OBA is about.
Why it exists and how you can connect with the HPC-OBA.
1. Register all Old Boys with the HPC-OBA
2. Encourage Old Boys to invest in their sons education back at the Kura and ,
3. Invest in the Pāora Foundation to support the Kura
- HPC has produced many fine students. Many are
- skilled workers
- who are making a positive contribution within their Whānau, Hapū, Iwi and Communities nationally and globally.
HPC-OBA what is it?
- It is an organization of former HPC students. It is a legal entity and its main purpose is to
- connect OB’s with their HPC-OBA and with each other
- support the Kura
- organize OB’s Reunions and other events
- foster relationships within the Hato Paora Community
- maintain a register of all OB’s who have passed through the Kura since 1947
HPC-OBA what we do?
- We meet once a term or more if need to discuss Kura & Old Boys stuff
- We appoint Old Boys reps onto the Kura BOT & Trust Board
- We organise events and help out with events at the Kura
- We support each other at Tangihanga, Graduations, 21st Birthdays, Weddings and other events.
- HPC-OBA Guiding Principles
- We apply good governance practices and are accountable to all OB’s
- We maintain professional standards and lead the HPC-OBA with integrity
- Whaia Te Tika! Keep the Mauri of Hato Paora alive
- Principles of our founding Church are maintained
- PRESIDENT Hone Davies
- SECRETARY Matt Sword
- TREASURER Hohepa (Joey) O’Donnell
- COMMUNICATIONS Mahanga Williams
What OB’s do when they leave Kura?
- We set out to pursue our Goals & Dreams
- Some go flatting together in search of employment or career studies
- We enjoy hooking up with each other back at the Kura attending school galas, reunions or at other social functions
- Most OB’s still keep in touch with each other as if they haven’t left the Kura
The HPC-OBA have established a Paora Foundation to provide financial and other assistance for the benefit of the Kura including;
- Scholarships for current students
- Grants to support special School projects
- Construction maintenance of School / Hostel building
- Acquisition of land and facilities
- Support the HPC-OBA operations and its activities